HIDAS™ Auxiliary Function Boards
We have several auxiliary circuit boards often used in conjunction with the HIDAS™ Node boards. These boards, which are independent of the HIDAS™ ring, solve typical design problems in simulated aircraft cockpits.
- 400 Hz EL Panel Driver (6061-000400-009) – Electroluminescent (EL) panels are found in many modern aircraft lighting systems requiring lights with low current use and low heat production. The 400 Hz EL Panel Driver receives a brightness control voltage from 0-10 volts, typically from a HIDAS™ Analog Out, and uses that to control the AC voltage to one or more EL panels.
- Dimmer Filters (6061-000500-xxx) – Simulated cockpit lighting can use Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) adjustable speed drives, normally used for DC motor control, to drive large loads of lamps and LEDs. Since the drives are designed for the load of a motor armature, their output is unstable when there is no load and is generally electrically noisy when driving lamps.
Dimmer Filters provide a load resistance and inductance for stabilizing and filtering the output of the PWM drive. The family includes boards for 5V and 28V lighting and different current capacities.
Intensity Translators (6061-000700-xxx) – The Intensity Translator family of boards provides signal inversion and translation for various custom applications (for example, a circuit with a potentiometer that needs to increase intensity based on CCW potentiometer rotation).
- Intensity Controller (6061-000750-009) – The Intensity Controller board converts a 0-to-10 volt signal into a 0-to-100% duty cycle Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) signal running at a frequency of approximately 50 KHz. The output may be inverted to provide a 100% to 0% duty cycle from a 0-to-10 volt input. The board is capable of sinking up to 1.3 amps continuously at 100% duty cycle, and can drive loads up to 100 volts.
- Differential Driver (6061-001000-009) – The Differential I/O board converts between single ended TTL signals and differential ANSI TIA/EIA 422 B signals for longer distance communications with enhanced reliability and noise immunity. The board provides 8 driver channels converting 5VDC TTL signals to RS 422 signals, and 8 receiver channels converting RS 422 to 5VDC TTL. Optionally, the board can mount in a HIDAS™ Backplane for power.
- Adapters (6061-0020xx-009) – The adapters attach to the AMPLIMITE end of HIDAS Node boards and map from the 62-pin AMPLIMITE locking connectors to four or five legacy 10-pin AMPMODU connectors. There is a unique adapter for each Node board type. The adapter extends 2 inches (5 cm) from the back of a Node board.